Write about your 5 favorite words. (In no order)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. John 1:1, 2
- facetious (from Merriam-Webster)– joking or jesting often inappropriately or meant to be humorous or funny : not serious. *This is a favorite word because I tend to be facetious, and all the vowels are present and in alphabetical order.
- love — The real thing. I wish the English language had more variations for this word for the varying degrees of like and love. Read the Bible, and you’ll know why love is one of my favorite words. (1 Corinthians 13, 1 John 3:16, and many more)
- oxymoron — Fun to say, and oxymorons are fun.
- grace — Unmerited favor. Power to do God’s will. Life.
- mercy — Receiving what we do not deserve– forgiveness, love, grace, life, understanding, wisdom.
What about you? What are your favorite words?